If you are at home and have somewhere to be, or you are out and want nothing more than to get home, dealing with a car that won’t start is usually both untimely and frustrating. However, knowing some of the causes for the malfunction might help make the entire situation a bit less stressful, which is why your local German auto specialists in Albuquerque, NM are here to tell you about the top five reasons your car might not be starting:
- Dead battery: Loose wires, poor conductivity due to a water leak or leaving your interior lights on overnight are all common reasons why your battery might be dead when you go to start your car. If your battery is dying or is completely dead, try giving your car a jumpstart so you can get home, and make sure to schedule an appointment with your auto shop to have the battery replaced as soon as possible.
- Ignition switch: If the dashboard and headlights respond when you are trying to start your car, a dead battery can be ruled out of the equation. If you try to turn your car over and nothing happens, after you have determined the issue isn’t with your battery, you might be dealing with a bad ignition switch.
- Bad starter: The starter is responsible for getting everything moving to start your car’s engine, and you won’t get very far at all if this critical component is faulty. A bad or weakened starter is marked by a noticeable clicking noise as you are trying to start your car.
- Dirty fuel filter: Believe it or not, something as simple as not keeping your car’s fuel filter clean could be a potential cause for your car failing to start. If your filter has been left unattended for so long that it has become clogged, gas won’t reach the engine and give your car the fuel it needs to get going. To avoid this, make sure to have the fuel filter changed every 10,000 to 15,000 miles.
- Empty gas tank: Sometimes the reason your car won’t start can be as simple as there not being enough fuel in your gas tank. If your car was low on gas before you shut it off last night, or you have been riding on fumes all day, you might just need to make a trip to the gas station to replenish your car’s fuel.
If your car won’t start and you are unable to figure out what the problem might be, have it towed to Hans Wittler’s Automotive right away, where we specialize in the quick and efficient diagnosis and repair of foreign vehicles. For over 40 years, we have kept foreign cars on the road using the highest quality equipment, and if you bring your car in to us, we will do whatever it takes to get you back on the road as soon as possible. If you want to have your car analyzed by the leading German auto specialists in Albuquerque, NM, give us a call today to schedule an appointment.
Categorised in: German Car Specialists
This post was written by Writer